12 December 2004

Bad Wimpfen Weihnachtsmarkt


Bad Wimpfen Weihnachtsmarkt
Originally uploaded by allanimal.
This is a small portion of the huge and "old world" Christmas Market in Bad Wimpfen, a cute little town just up the river from Heilbronn.



St. Nick and his "helper"
Originally uploaded by allanimal.
Saint Nick and his young, sexy blonde "helper" were handing out treats to children. Immediately after I took this picture, the kid said something that translates roughly as "I got an ... apple" in kind of a Charlie Brown voice. I also like Santa's armed guards.



Smoked Salmon
Originally uploaded by allanimal.
This year's Christmas Market in Bad Wimpfen had something to do with Finland, and in the Finnish section of the market, they were smoking salmon. And by smoking, I mean that they were treating & preserving the meat with smoke, not rolling it up and inhaling salmon fumes. Anyway, I thought it was pretty cool, and I wonder how they keep the pegs from burning off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home