24 May 2006

Act I, Scene V


We spent most of the day on Mainau Island, a nice botanical garden. It had some nice botanical things, as it should since it is a botanical garden, like the gigantic flower person that greeted us near the entrance.


Here you can see the flower person just before he showed his evil side and ate Jeannette, Steply Ugmother and Dad. So I had to take the rest of the vacation by myself. Which was kind of lonely, but it was easier to decide where to eat.


The real treat on Mainau is the butterfly house. It was quite amazing, with so many wonderful butterflies. I have a bunch more pictures at flickr. OK, here are a couple more...





As I said, there were some botanical things there. Like flowers.


There was also this snail. He has a scraped up shell. I think he tried to take on a lawn mower at one time or another. I'm glad he didn't lose an eye stalk.

After looking at all this stuff, I got ready to leave and noticed that Dad, Jeannette and Jan really weren't eaten by the Ancient Evil Flower Person. *whew*


So, we headed back to Konstanz to climb the tower of the day and see a nice view of the city and the Bodensee.

I think that pretty much wraps up the day. Well, I guess we did eat at a nice Vietnamese restaurant, but really, other than that, I don't think there is anything else to say.

Really.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At Thursday, 25 May, 2006 , Blogger Unknown said...

Hmmm. That picture of the snail doesn't make it look very appetizing. Will there be a yummier picture in Act II?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home