25 January 2007

First Snow of 2007



Yesterday it snowed for the first time this winter. And it snowed a lot.
There was so much snow, that my friend who lives in Heidelberg, who left home at 7.00 in the morning, didn't get to work until 3.00 in the afternoon. It is normally a little over an hour to drive. On the radio, the traffic annoucements took 5 minutes or more to read, when normally it is about 30 seconds.

After work, I took a few pictures of the snow, but only from my balcony. I wasn't in the mood to deal with it "in the wild".

I really like the icicles on this one.


The glow of the cranes through the trees is nice.


We had quite the drift on our balcony.


And finally, our Ikea fiber-optic lights in the flower boxes looked really cool.


1 Comments:

At Sunday, 28 January, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay, snow! We finally got snow here in Iowa City (about 2 weeks ago)...and it's been nice. I haven't gone sledding yet. I really must do that before it is gone.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home