09 November 2006

A Bit More from Singapore

Bug Eyes

Not a whole lot more to say at the moment, other than things are going well. I did want to share this picture of a Singaporean building, which is sometimes called the Durian, but I think it looks more like bug eyes.

Speaking of Durians I saw this sign in the subway:
No Durians

I don't think I need to justify the smoking ban, the eating / drinking ban or even the flammable "goods" ban. But Durians? Well, I think wikipedia sums it up best. Read, in particular, the section about their taste and smell.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At Sunday, 12 November, 2006 , Blogger Unknown said...

Is that first picture from your hotel, or did you squeeze in a helicopter tour of Singapore too?
Did you notice the comment about durians attracting animals? Maybe that is why they don't want them in the subways ...
Thanks for sharing some info on your trip. Are there pictures from Manila yet?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home