19 March 2006

My Influential Blog

Apparently, the two sides of the public sector strike here in Germany read my blog, and my last blog post about trash piling up and looking ugly convinced them to work out a solution. Because the day after my blog post, a truck was outside our apartment picking up the branches that were trimmed 6 weeks earlier, the day before the strike started.

Six Weeks Ago:

(BTW: Jeannette took this picture, so tell her how excellent it is.)

The Day After My Last Blog Post:


All it took was me to say something, and there were people out there, doin' the claw, picking up the sticks that had been sitting around for weeks. This weekend I visually inspected the Fußgängerzone, and all trash cans had been emptied as well, and everything was generally pretty again.

I am not sure if this is a permanent end of the strike, I haven't seen it mentioned in the newspapers (and I have been a bit lazy on the checking it out side of things).

But now I know that my blog is being read by important people, and they listen to what I say.

I will try to use my power only for good.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, 21 March, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

so what's next on the good front?

 
At Tuesday, 21 March, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was from me. oops. -shelly

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home