16 June 2005

I'm one step closer....

...to being a V.I.P. thanks to the V.I.P. reflection effect. Let me explain...

A few months ago, I mentioned my friend Greg who is a published author, which is pretty cool thing to say. "Sorry, I can't help you move, I am going to hang out with my friend, the published author."

Now it gets even better. Now I can say "Sorry, I can't help you sand your mother's floor, I am going to hang out with my friend, the radio personality".

So today I got an email from his wife:


Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 09:38:19 -0500
From: Martha Stolze
Subject: Greg on NPR
----------------------------------------

Greg was interviewed yesterday by Bob Garfield, one of the hosts for NPR's show On The Media.
The story they are doing should be aired this weekend. For those of you who know what a big
NPR geek I am, you know that I think this is a REALLY big deal!

For those of you who live in the Chicago area, you can catch On The Media on Saturday at 3:00
on WBEZ 91.5 FM - or if you miss it, from the OTM web site

http://www.onthemedia.org/

If not in the Chicago area, check your local NPR station's web site or the OTM site for schedule.


Cool! Since Greg is my friend from high school, and he is now a radio celebrity, which I would consider being a V.I.P., (wouldn't you?) according to Iggy Pop, I have become a V.I.P. in my own right.

OK, what I am really saying is that Congratulations are in order for Greg, and this is really cool. I'm happy for him, and if I were in Chicago, after listening to the show, I'd buy him a beer. Or 4.

2 Comments:

At Friday, 17 June, 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Allan, in my mind, you will always be a VIP...your steply ugh mother!

 
At Wednesday, 10 May, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for putting me in the blogosphere! It makes me feel not quite so old and out of it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home